Art

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Guitar Angel of The Emerald Isle Rory Gallagher

Hendrix was once asked "Whats it like to be the greatest guitarist that ever lived?". He replied "I don't know, you better ask Rory Gallagher that one". I was first turned on to Rory Gallagher by a very close friend, David Rogers, music guru and guitar comrade. He handed me a very worn LP and disc jacket titled, "Against The Grain", which displayed a classic style, 1962 Sunburst Fender Stratocaster in an extremely worn shape with hardly any paint left to show on the body of the guitar. A very well played Stratocaster at that. Later that evening, I slid the record on my turntable and was really blown away as to why I never heard him on the radio. His music is raw, raucous, but accentuated by the subtly of a cool, misty, Celtic rain churned into a pure blues rock and a twist of Celtic folk. Live performance was his specialty as he rode the wave of being a true solo artist dedicated to his music and style for his entire career.
While browsing around, I found the ultimate Rory Gallagher website chock full of videos, photos and great captions of shared experiences with a true guitar Angel. http://www.rorygallagher.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment